A Tug and a Light!
The tug 'Iowa' prepares to pass the 'Cleveland West Breakwater Light' and head out onto a wavy Lake Erie to assist in the arrival of the 'M/V Edgar Lehmann'.
The light which was built in 1911 is just a tad older than the tug which was built around 1916.
The Cleveland Water Intake Crib can be seen in the distance on the far right. The tall tower is being used to evaluate winds on Lake Erie for the feasability of 'Wind Farms' to generate electricity. The tower stands 165 ft above the crib which is 3.5 miles offshore. The following link provides info on the results of the study www.greenenergyohio.org/page.cfm?pageID=1603