The White Factory in the city of Łódź, Piotrowska street. It is the seat of the Central Museum of Textiles; is a magnificent complex of classicist buildings, one of the most beautiful examples of industrial architecture. It was built by Ludwik Geyer in the years 1835-1839 it was many times rebuilt and developed. It was the first multi-department mill in Łódź which housed the first in Poland mechanical cotton spinning and weaving room with the first in Poland steam machine. In 1952 Krystyna Kondratiuk organised the Department of Textiles in the Museum of Art in Łódź. Its collection grew quickly and the exhibitions of textiles were extremely popular, so the Department became more independent as Branch of the Museum of Art. In 1960 Museum of the History of Textiles was established and in 1975 the Central Museum of Textiles.