Cute penguin couple - explored
These two penguins were petting and playing with each other as I approached, just as I looked through the view finder to frame a shot they both stopped and looked straight at me. I got really lucky with the timing, but I am starting to think photography is all about being in the right place at the right time :) Or at least having lots of patience!
Most Humboldt penguin pairs remain faithful to each other for years, rarely choosing new partners unless one of them dies, and they often return to the same site to breed year after year.
I've also made an anniversary card with this photo. You can buy on Etsy.
*Update: Made Flickr explore November 27, 2009 - #133
This photo is in 19 groups
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 84,629 items
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 66,805 items
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 101,074 items
- nature is all - all is nature 159,444 items
- PANORAMA FOTOGRAFICO [ No Photos White & Black ,Post 1 Commen 81,940 items
- NATURE'S ELEGANT SHOTS [ Invitation Only / Post 1 - Award 4 ] 66,600 items