flickr-free-ic3d pan white

St Lawrence Jewry-next to guildhall London

History---in the vestibule by the north entrance is a glass cupboard containing pictures and relics of the church which was built by Sir Christopher Wren in 1677. It was this church that was destroyed on the night of the 29th december 1940 in the fire bomb raid on the City (by the Germans).The present church was rebuilt between 1954-1957.

www.panaramics.com

269 views
1 fave
1 comment
Taken on October 24, 2008