Map of chemical plant track connections to ACL and SAL after 1946
Simplified map shows the location of the Victor (later Stauffer) chemical plant on the north bank of the Anclote River, and its connections to the area's two railroad companies after 1946.
The ACL railroad built a service track that connected to their mainline just northeast of Tarpon Springs. The SAL railroad built a track wye at their existing freight line from Tarpon Junction. That line dead-ended at Elfers (in the early days, it carried passengers all the way to New Port Richey). The SAL extended a service line from the wye back to the final service track to the chemical plant that was also shared with the ACL
Click the three-dot symbol at the right, and select 'View all sizes' to see the details. The CSX abandoned most of these lines at the end of 1986. Courtesy Tom Pavluvcik