Music versus photography
Music and photography are my two passion hobbies, and they compete for my time. In the case above, they merge as the bokeh reflections are provided by the piano.
It was an interesting musical year for me. I concentrated mostly on piano (guitar is my first instrument) and mixes. I've loved listening to my son Andy compose about 50 songs, and we have both been learning the "DJ" technology.
This was the year I discovered rap and hip-hop. I am only 15 years late.
Here were the CDs that consumed my attention in 2011:
* Age of Adz & All Delighted People, Sufjan Stevens
* Whole Love, Wilco
* Book of Mormon soundtrack
* The Chronic, Dr. Dre
* Straight Outta Compton, NWA
* Low End Theory, Tribe Called Quest
* Original Gangster, Ice-T
* All Days are Nights, Rufus Wainwright
* The E.N.D., Black Eyed Peas
* Memories are My Only Witness, Yuka Honda
* Mixes by DJ JSlay and Nuno Endo, and swinghop
* Turntablists like Kid Koala DJ Signify, DJ Quest, and Mix Master Mike
* Anything by the Residents or Philip Glass