I am not a processor, I am a random process
I'll often get comments on my film photos, "nice processing". Actually, I don't do anything to my film shots except crop.
So the visual effect above is not created by me in some fit of artistic inspiration in Photoshop... as if!
Rather I apply a process that increases the "design space" of the image through a process that at every step introduces random change:
* use a cheap camera whose lenses and focus are imperfect
* use expensive film that super-saturates
* process the film in the wrong chemicals
* don't look at what you're shooting
* shoot out moving car
* put exposure on manual, which results in a random exposure time
Each element of randomness increases the number of things the picture might become. I just can't tell ahead of time where it might end up.