Blogging For Gaijin
Saturday, December 9, 2006
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Shooters Sports Bar and Grill
Nagoya-shi, Naka-ku, Sakae 2-9-26 Pola Building 2F
Blogging isn't just for lonely people talking about their own personal lives anymore. It has grown into a legitimate form of communication which more and more businesses are realizing is essential for their survival.
Business Blogging For Gaijin is presented to help expats in Japan learn first hand about this new global trend, and be provided with the tools and knowledge necessary to succeed.
The topics to be covered include:
1) Why you, as a Japanese resident would want to blog for business (or pleasure).
2) What's required to set-up a basic beginner blog.
3) What's required to set-up a "real" blog optimized for search engines and companies.
4) Essential supplimental "Web 2.0" services required for the success of your blog.
5) Social strategies of blogging including linking and community comments.
6) The Do's and Don'ts of blogging - both on a personal level and a business level.
Hand outs will be provided at the presentation. All presentation material and questions will be in English. Food and refreshments can be ordered from the restaurant.
Attending with your own laptop can be helpful (free Wireless Internet is provided by the venu) though time limitations prevent individual consultations.
We look forward to seeing you there!
About Robert Sanzalone: Robert is a Technology Evangelist, IT consultant, trainer, blogger, podcaster and former "Gaijin" working as a business consultant in Tokyo. He is presently based out of Vancouver, Canada and is volunteering this presentation while on his "honeymoon" in Japan. He can be reached through this blog/website at www.pacificIT.ca .