All Saints Church,Faringdon, Oxfordshire
Capitals under the crossing.The Church of England parish church of All Saints dates from the 12th century, and the clerestorey and possibly the west end of the nave survive from this period. A Norman doorway survives, although not in its original position, in the baptistery.The chancel and north transept are 13th century and the west chapel is 14th century. The north chapel is a late mediaeval Perpendicular Gothic addition with 15th-century windows.
All Saints has a central bell tower, which was reduced in height in 1645 after it was damaged by a cannon-ball in the English Civil War.Faringdon was fought over because it commands the road to the Radcot Bridge over the River Thames.