Alligator Reef is what they call this light house. Its about a mile off of HWY 1 on the keys....and was named after a US Naval ship in 1820 sumtin that was getting rid of pirates!
This water is literally crystal clear and to get this shot, I needed help with the sun behind my back....and a still boat. The water here is about 8 ft in depth and its nice and warm, even in winter. The other reef we stopped at was 25' deep!
This location was more fun to swim in. The shallow reef had a few local inhabitants...one of which gave me a kiss on the chin ...jelly fish love!
This photo is in 5 groups
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 211,794 items
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) Watch out! Sweeper about! 1,149,200 items
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 686,171 items
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 383,535 items
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 521,086 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Florida Keys 30 items