LED 1

    Newer Older

    The hot dog has 120 V across it.

    If you're *not* going to eat the hot dog, a neat trick is to stick a bunch of standard LEDs into it. Apparently the voltage between nearby points on the hot dog are at a fairly low voltage, since the LEDs don't seem to burn out.

    Read more about cooking hot dogs with electricity here.

    Laserone ☆ Lauren, talksrm, and 7 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    1. Perrimoon 83 months ago | reply

      Really funny! I love it.

      Do you know it works in 230V (Europe)?

      Did the boy really eat the hot dog?

    2. oskay 83 months ago | reply

      I presume that it does work in europe, although with the higher voltage it is *even less safe* -- as if that were possible!

      Yes, we all ate the hot dogs, but not the one that had the LEDs in it.

    3. Laserone ☆ Lauren 83 months ago | reply

      OMG LOL that's a freaking riot!

    4. MadCatMk2 [deleted] 83 months ago | reply

      Perrimoon, it should work, but it will probably expl0de or something like that.

      And, most importantly, 110V can't kill you
      230 can period.

    5. revdickvenn 83 months ago | reply

      MadCatMk2 Please note: 110V will kill you just as much as 220V. It's the current flowing through you that kills - by stopping your heart. If you're well connected, 24V DC can kill you. I repeat: 110V is just as dangerous.

      LOVE this stuff!

    6. oskay 83 months ago | reply

      In case there is any doubt, this is *extraordinarily* dangerous! 110 V can kill you quite efficiently. Don't try this *at all*!

    7. haa_ [deleted] 82 months ago | reply

      Awesome. Thanks for doing that experiment.

    8. Perrimoon 82 months ago | reply

      I think I won't show it to my technology pupils ;-)
      Thanks for the comments, I love this place

    9. pilnik99 80 months ago | reply

      incredible ...

    10. Ioan Sameli 72 months ago | reply

      THIS IS THE MOST FUCKING AWESOME THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!

      Bon appétit.

    11. ringofussell 37 months ago | reply

      Actually it isn't dangerous at all unless you touch it - just connect it up and then flick the switch or plug it in from a distance...

    keyboard shortcuts: previous photo next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts