Gloria version 2.0
(Truest color in this photo)
Pattern: Gloria Cowl (my own pattern here)
Yarn: Zen Yarn Garden Harmony Semi-Solid "Rambling Rose"
Needles: US 8
Modifications on my original pattern:
This time I started by casting on 85 stitches to make it a little cozier at the top.
To stop the tendency to fold at the switch from seed stitch to plain stockinette, I made a more gradual transition. After the three rounds of seed stitch I did
1 round of K2, P1
1 round of K3, P1
1 round of K4, P1
1 round of K5, P1
and then switched to plain stockinette stitch. I reversed the order for the opposite edge.
I also increased by 2 stitches every 5(ish) rounds.
I think if I were to do it again, I would increase twice that in the bottom half.