GOODERHAM HOUSE ~ 504 JARVIS ST ~ Toronto On
George Horace Gooderham (1868-1942) built this house in 1891 and lived here with his family until 1906. The design in the Romanesque Revival style is attributed to the firm of David Roberts. G.H. Gooderham was active in the family business, Gooderham & Worts, Ltd., founded by his grandfather, William, and in the financial, political and educational life of Toronto. After 1908, the house was occupied by Leo Frankel, manufacturer and merchant, the Ursuline Sisters' School; the Red Triangle Club; a Service Men's Hostel; and, from 1946 to 1975 by the Big Brothers of Metropolitan Toronto.
Today, it still maintains much of its original character including the staircase,stained glass windows, fireplaces, and finely crafted woodwork throughout.