Delano Block ~ Canastota ~ New York
The South Peterboro Street Commercial Historic District is an architecturally and historically significant concentration of commercial buildings which together reflect the development of Canastota's current central business district during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Built between ca.1870 and ca.1920, the buildings chronicle the second phase of the village's commercial activity.
The Delano Block (208-212 S. Peterboro Street) was named in honor of Milton Delano, who founded the State Bank of Canastota in 1887, located at 212 S. Peterboro Street. He also served as a distinguished local and state politician.