- 24" Cinema
- 13" MacBook Air. Love it.
- Ordering Disorder
Solr 1.4 Enterprise Search Server
ESV Study Bible
- GorillaPod with Glif for iPhone photography and FaceTime calls.
- Moleskin & pen for taking notes and sketching out ideas
- 16kg kettlebell for random exercise breaks.
- Double lacrosse ball — awesome for working on the muscles in my feet as I stand for hours.
- Foam roller. Great for loosening up the thoracic spine.
- Archival Clothing field bag
Contains pens, paper, shades, a multitool, and a power cable. Just drop in the MacBook and walk out the door.
- The venerable Wacom Intuos2 tablet
- Mouse and mouse pad, rarely used.
- IKEA birch veneer shelf front and legs for a monitor stand.
- Unsweetend coconut flakes. Nom.
- Coffee and mug. Staple items.
Rockin' the GitHub mug today.
- Homemade 9x9.5x30" boxes to bring the desk to a reasonable height. Birch plywood.
Bought and cut at Lowe's. Next time I'll track down a table saw and cut the plywood myself, for cleaner edges and possibly nicer looking 45° angle joints.
- IKEA Galant desk — Raised up to an ergonomic (for me) 41" by the home-made boxes.
- Random travel detritus accumulation zone.
- Cinnamon Altoids. To banish the coffee breath when I need to run out the door for a meeting.
- Center of the monitor is at an ergonomic 62", just below my eye level.
- LED candle — the only light in my home office. It helps prevent me from working too late.
What's on my (stand-up) desk: 2011 edition
← previous photo
→ next photo
L view in light box
< scroll film strip left
> scroll film strip right
? show all shortcuts