St Michael Cathedral
The Church of Saint Michael is a Gothic-style Roman Catholic church in Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania. The building was erected after 1350, in place of the Saint James Chapel, and completed in 1487. In the late 16th century the church became Unitarian for the next 150 years and was reconfiscated during the counter-reformation by the Catholic Church.
The oldest of its sections is the altar, inaugurated in 1390, while the newest part is the clock tower, which was built in Gothic Revival style (1860).