new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Barcroft Community House | by cliff1066™
Back to photostream

Barcroft Community House

Barcroft Community House. The Barcroft Community house was constructed in 1908 as a branch chapel of the Methodist church. It was sold in 1914 to the neighborhood civic association, the Barcroft School and Civic League. The building served as the Barcroft neighborhood public school from 1908 until 1925. It was a one-room schoolhouse until the 1913 rear addition allowed for a second schoolroom. The front porch, indoor stage and plumbing were added after 1925. The Barcroft School and Civic League continues to own and use the Community House for neighborhood activities and meetings. In 1995, the site was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Erected by Arlington County, Virginia

1,093 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on January 8, 2011