St John the Baptist (detail)

    Prev Next

    St Mark, City Road, New Lakenham, Norwich

    This extremely interesting church sits just off of the Norwich inner ring road. It was built as a preaching house by the Norwich architect John Brown in 1841, and then transformed by successive makeovers in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries into an Anglo-Catholic temple.

    The highlights are the vast Art Nouveau rood screen and loft by Temple Moore, the stations of the cross by the Kilburn Sisters, and glass by Morris & Co.

    keyboard shortcuts: previous photo next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts