St John the Baptist

St Mark, City Road, New Lakenham, Norwich

 

This extremely interesting church sits just off of the Norwich inner ring road. It was built as a preaching house by the Norwich architect John Brown in 1841, and then transformed by successive makeovers in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries into an Anglo-Catholic temple.

 

The highlights are the vast Art Nouveau rood screen and loft by Temple Moore, the stations of the cross by the Kilburn Sisters, and glass by Morris & Co.

239 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on April 20, 2011
This photo is in 4 groups
This photo is in 2 albums

Additional info

  • Viewing this photo Public
  • Safety level of this photo Safe
  • S Search
    Photo navigation
    < > Thumbnail navigation
    Z Zoom
    B Back to context