Plaza de toros de Ronda - Spain
Built in 1785, the Plaza de Toros found in Ronda is one of the oldest operational bullrings in Spain. The arena has a diameter of 66 metres, surrounded by a passage formed by two rings of stone. There are two layers of seating, each with five raised rows and 136 pillars that make up 68 arches. The Royal Box has a sloping roof covered in Arabic tiles.
Soon after the ring's creation in the 18th century, the Romero family of Ronda emerged to provide over three generations of exceptional bullfighters. The most important of them was Pedro Romero (1754-1839), a key figure in the history of bullfighting who slew more than 5,600 bulls.