LA Trust and Savings Bank
Merchants National Bank Building (William Curlett and Son, 1913) in the foreground & the Los Angeles Trust and Savings Bank (Parkinson and Bergstrom, 1910) in the background, taken from the northwest facade of the Pacific Electric Building (Thornton Fitzhugh, 1905), 4th floor. All three buildings are now converted into residential lofts, but the former two were once part of The Spring Street Financial District, "Wall Street of the West".
The Beaux Arts architecture endures. This strip of Spring has been designated a Historic Cultural Monument by the L.A. Cultural Heritage Commision.