Cape Raoul on the Tasman Peninsula, south eastern Tasmania.
A wild old day and this photo taken from the deck of Surveyors Hut on the Three Capes Track.
The Cape was named in 1792 by French explorer Chevalier
Antoine Raymond Joseph de Bruni d'Entrecasteaux - in honour of the expedition's pilot.
There are many long-standing stories among sailors and walkers of the columnar dolerite pillars on the cape being used for target practice by various passing warships. Earliest mentions in print (along with the terms 'vandalism' and 'dismay') date from the 1890s with other reports as late as the 1960s. No images/depictions exist of the original cape but apparently it once fair bristled with spines and spires. Big gun, little *****.
Fuji X-T1, XF18-55/2.8-4, 1/75th sec at f/9, ISO 200. FL 55mm Windspeed ~40 kts.
3 Capes Series #2