The forgotten village of Tide Mills, East Sussex
Tide Mills is a derelict village in East Sussex, England. It's two kilometres along the coast east from Newhaven and four kilometres along the coast from Seaford. The lost village of Tide Mills consisted of a large tide mill and numerous workers' cottages, housing about 100 workers. In addition to the mill, there's also the remains of a Railway Station (Bishopstone Beach Halt - closed in 1942) and associated Stationmaster's house, a hospital and associated nurses home, RNAS Station, a Marconi Radio station, and an assortment of other structures. The mill stopped in 1884, the village was condemned as unfit for habitation in 1936 with the last residents forcibly removed in 1939.