Old Lea Bethel Baptist Church
Caswell County Cemetery Census

Here is a brief history of the WMU of Old Lea Bethel Baptist Church. It was begun 64 years ago, in 1947, and was known as Women Missionary Society. The ladies met once a month on a Saturday afternoon, while the children played in the yard. At the meeting the ladies had a devotional, learn about missions, planned meals for the sick of the church, had a “pounding” for newlyweds, and prepared gifts for an upcoming holiday. The numbers were 16 in 1955 and 19 in 1956. In the late 1970s it was reorganized as the Women Missionary Union, as it is known today.

Source: "Frogsboro News" by Phillip Wade, The Caswell Messenger (Yanceyville, North Carolina), 11 May 2011 (Pages 12-13).
55 photos · 393 views