the first international music festival in Maldives, which gives an opportunity for all genres of musicians in Maldives, to perform in front of UK Music Industry together with two bands from UK. Plus get a once in a life opportunity to perform in LONDON.
HOW IT WORKS
• The Competition runs for 3 nights; the 4th, 5th, and 6th of December 2008.
• Each competing band gets 20 minutes stage time including set up time.
• The Band I.D and performance order will be chosen by a draw and the chosen I.D will be carried through to the Finals.
• Bands are recommended to make radio edits of all songs (3 minutes 30 seconds).
• Total of 4 bands will be chosen to perform in the Finals of the BREAKOUT FESTIVAL held on the 12th of December.
• Of the bands competing on the 4th, 5th and 6th of December, one band will be chosen each night as the winning band by fans voting through SMS at the
end of the night.
• The voting will be open for 30 minutes at the end of every night after which the winning band will be announced.
• The 4th Band chosen to play in the Finals will be the band with the highest fan votes among the runner-ups of the preliminary round.
Second Round (Final)
• The 4 Bands chosen will perform on the 12th of December on the BREAKOUT FESTIVAL.
• Each Band will get 30 minutes stage time including set up time.
• Fans will cast their votes through SMS at the end of the night.
• In addition, a professional jury of UK music industry officials will be added to the audience vote at the Final.
• The winning band will be announced on the Last night of the MALDIVES BREAKOUT FESTIVAL on the 13th of December.
The Competition Rules
• All participating bands must have a minimum of 3 members.
• Bands are required to play original music and no covers will be allowed on the competition.
• Participating bands must have at least 30 minutes of original music.
• The combined average age of the band must be between 16 and 32 years old.
• All music performed must be live, no backing tracks and no recorded music will be allowed.
• The bands are expected to perform and be within the cultural and social standards of the country and the organization reserves the right to disqualify
any band which seems to cross over the limits.
• Winning band gets the opportunity to perform on Jar Music’s Record showcase event in Carling Academy Islington – London.
• Carling Academy is one of the top live music venues in London. ( www.islington-academy.co.uk )
• All Expenses paid.
• Get the chance to perform in front of UK music industry and get their reviews.
• Get the chance to expand your fan base across UK and Europe.
• Sell CDs and Merchandise.
• An opportunity to start a musical career in UK and Europe.