new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
School for Bad Girls | by Naaman Fletcher
Back to photostream

School for Bad Girls

Naughty!

 

The Alabama State Training School for Girls began operating in 1933 and the facility was mostly destroyed by an act of God many many years later.

 

The facility was constructed in to house more than 150 youths whose offenses were often noncriminal status violations, such as truancy, and beyond parental control. The 575-acre campus consisted of 12 buildings, including five dormitories, a school, a gymnasium, recreational facilities, a cafeteria and an administration building.

 

leftbirmingham.blogspot.com/

3,631 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 21, 2016