School for Bad Girls

    Newer Older

    Naughty!

    The Alabama State Training School for Girls began operating in 1933 and the facility was mostly destroyed by an act of God many many years later.

    The facility was constructed in to house more than 150 youths whose offenses were often noncriminal status violations, such as truancy, and beyond parental control. The 575-acre campus consisted of 12 buildings, including five dormitories, a school, a gymnasium, recreational facilities, a cafeteria and an administration building.

    leftbirmingham.blogspot.com/

    keyboard shortcuts: previous photo next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts