Scully Building, Lincoln, Illinois
View is to the southwest on N. Kickapoo St. from Latham Park in downtown Lincoln, Illinois. On the corner of N. Kickapoo and Pekin Sts. is the Scully Building, an example of Richardsonian Romanesque, a style of Romanesque Revival architecture named after architect Henry Hobson Richardson (1838-1886).
The Scully Building, designed by architect E.S. Somers, was built about 1907 by the son and widow of "Lord" William Scully as the headquarters for the Scully family operations. William Scully (1821-1906), was one of the largest landowners of tenant farmland in the Midwest. He eventually owned a total of 211,000 acres in Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, including 30,000 acres in Logan County. Additionally, Mr. Scully was a pioneer leader with respect to scientific farming; particularly with soil conservation practices and techniques.
The Scully Building is a "significant building" within the Lincoln Courthouse Square Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1985. Nearly destroyed in a 2001 fire, the Scully Building, under the ownership of Integrity Holdings, was restored between 2008 and 2010. In 2011, the building and its owners were awarded the Landmarks Illinois Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Preservation Award for rehabilitation and preservation. The building is now the home office of Integrity Data.