Hinderton Hall is a 4-6-0 GWR 4900 Class locomotive, currently preserved at Didcot Railway Centre. It was designed by Collett in 1928, built at Swindon in 1931 as the 101st of its class.
The locomotive spent most of its working life in the West Country. It was withdrawn from Bristol in 1963 and sent to Woodham Brothers scrapyard in Barry, South Wales. It was rescued by members of the Great Western Society and sent to Didcot Railway Centre in 1971. It saw considerable main line service, as well as in the centre. It is currently on static display and is waiting for an overhaul.
Didcot Railway Centre, located in the town of Didcot in the English county of Oxfordshire, is based around the site of a comprehensive 'engine shed' which became redundant after the nationalisation of the UK railways, due to the gradual changeover from steam to diesel motive power.
The Great Western Society was offered the use of the Didcot Motive Power Depot site and took it over in 1967. The society has a comprehensive collection of ex Great Western Railway (GWR) locomotives and rolling stock. There are two short lengths of running track, each with a station at both ends.