Bendigo's famous Alexandra Fountain at night.
The fountain was opened in 1861 by two sons of Princess Alexandra, whose husband was to become king Edward VII. Over twenty tons of polished granite was used in its construction. A handsome structure standing 30ft high from the level of the roadway its outer basin is 50ft in diameter. The basin itself is 12ft wide from the inner side of the parapet to the plinth of the fountain and contains 2ft of water. The fountain is one of the best known fountains in Victoria.