Unification Church on 16th Street
The Unification Church (1931-33, Young and Hansen) at 2810 16th Street NW, formerly the Washington Chapel, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The exterior is sheathed in a porous stone from Utah that has not held up well over the years, unfortunately. When the Mormon congregation moved to their new temple in Kensington, MD, the Unification Church purchased the building and have owned it ever since. In the foreground is a dog in the yard of All Souls Unitarian Church for the annual Blessing of the Animals.