It's taken me about 12 months to finally piece this thing together but at last, i've been able to shoot my precious baby-in-a-jar. The set was slowly built using bits and pieces i accumulated over time. I had originally intended using strobes to light the scene but it proved to be a bit unpredictable compared to the mix of 12v and torches i ended up going with. Over 2 nights i tried different lighting techniques, lenses etc before i settled on these 2 shots. Once the lighting was setup, I could walk around the scene shooting different perspectives with only subtle adjustments needed.
Canon 50mm @ f1.4
2 x 12v LED MR16 globes above, pointing down, snooted
1 x 12v LED MR16 globe far right, low
1 x Maglight torch far left, low
1 x 9v Torch bottom front, pointing up.
1 x Airpump hooked up to the tubing for the bubbles in the jar.