"The first bridge was erected on this spot in 1536. Painted green, it subsequently became known as the Green Bridge. The current bridge was built in 1952 and is decorated with four Socialist Realist sculptures. It is the only bridge in Lithuania featuring sculpties and is protected as an object of cultural heritage."
Youth of Education (Mokslo jaunimas) by Juozas Mikėnas