Stone Portico in Stewart Park, Marton. This is all that remains of Marton Hall, which was built by Henry Bolckow in 1858. Henry Bolckow was one of Middlesbrough's Ironmasters and the first Mayor of the town.
The Hall fell into disrepair and was in the process of being demolished when in June 1960 a fire broke out and the building was destroyed.
Within the grounds of the Park is the site of the cottage where Captain Cook was born, it is marked by a pink granite urn. Just behind the portico is the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum.