St. Eleanor's Hall, Bellarmine-Jefferson High School Auditorium, Barker & Ott Architects 1952
Bellarmine-Jefferson High School is a Catholic high school founded by Monsignor Martin Cody Keating in 1944. The school name honors St. Robert Bellarmine, a 17th century Italian Jesuit priest and President Thomas Jefferson. The school's auditorium, St. Eleanor's Hall, is a replica of the main library at the University of Virginia, designed by Thomas Jefferson. The main entrance has 13 steps, representing the original 13 colonies in the order they became states by ratifying the U.S. Constitution.
The firm also designed the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Beverly Hills (1930); the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church (Hollywood 1921); and the Spanish Gothic chapel at Mt. Saint Mary's College in Brentwood (1939).
Located at 465 East Olive Avenue in Burbank, California.