Pacific Electric Motor Flat
This photo depicts Pacific Electric flat motor 1520 on the Mt. Lowe line's Alpine Division. This car was built by Pacific Electric in 1914, using Brill trucks from a Los Angeles Traction streetcar (3-foot, 6-inch gauge) to carry freight, in this instance hay for Herbert the mule, who powered open cars for the "One Man and a Mule" railway at top of the line. The flat motor car was left behind after helping to dismantle the Alpine Division in 1938.