Avenue de Saint-Ouen - Paris (France)
Avenue de Saint-Ouen 19/04/2019 19h55
Just before sunset on the Avenue de Saint-Ouen. At the left Gare de l'avenue de Saint-Ouen, an abandoned station of the Petite Ceinture line in Paris, France.
Sometimes mistakenly called Saint-Ouen station, it should not be confused with the old station of Saint-Ouen-sur-Seine which was on the line of La Plaine at Ermont - Eaubonne or the present station of Saint-Ouen. Ouen located on the line from Ermont - Eaubonne to Champ-de-Mars.
The station is located in the north-west of the 18th arrondissement of Paris near the Porte de Saint-Ouen, at the intersection of Avenue Saint-Ouen with rue Belliard and rue Leibniz. It is built as a bridge over the Petite Ceinture lanes, which runs in trenches open to the east and passes in a tunnel to the west.
The passenger building is a one-storey building, similar in architecture to the Ornano boulevard, La Chapelle-Saint-Denis and Charonne. The platforms of the station are still there.
The station is open to travelers on November 16, 1863; it is rebuilt on May 16, 1889. Like the rest of the Petite Ceinture, the station has been closed to passenger traffic since July 23, 1934. The passenger building has been occupied for a long time by businesses. The passenger building, rehabilitated, is occupied, in the course of 2017, by a cultural space « Le Hasard Ludique ».
Avenue de Saint-Ouen
Avenue de Saint-Ouen is an avenue in the 17ème and 18ème arrondissement of Paris in the quartiers Épinettes (17ème) and Grandes-Carrières (18ème). It has a length of 1125 meters and a width of 23,6 meters. The street starts at avenue de Clichy and ends at boulevard Ney. There are 3 métro stations in this street, all of line 13; La Fourche, Guy Môquet and Porte de Saint-Ouen.
This avenue owes its name to the city of Saint-Ouen to which it leads.
History: It comes from the path leading to Saint-Ouen, attested from the 7th century and indicated on the plan of Jouvin de Rochefort of 1672 and that of Roussel of 1730. It is integral part of the route départementale number13 from 1803 to 1863.
[ Wikipedia ]