Surgeon's House At Naval Hospital..built 1863
Both NYC landmarks, the US Naval Hospital supplied more than half of the medicines used by the Union troops in the Civil War. It remained in active use until 1948 when operations moved to the St. Albans Naval Hospital in Queens, NY. In 2001, the City Of New York purchased the site from the Federal Government. The plan is to develop this site as an entertainment and media campus.