Paris - View of the Champ de Mars from the Eiffel Tower
The Champ de Mars is a large public green-space in Paris, France, located in the 7th arrondissement, between the Eiffel Tower to the northwest and the École Militaire to the southeast. The park is named after the Campus Martius of Rome. Champ de Mars means "Field of Mars", after Mars the god of war. It was named for its original use of military drills. It was the site of Expositions Universelles in 1867, 1878 and 1889.