Citgo Sign :: Kenmore Square, Boston, MA
Citgo Sign, Kenmore Square Boston
This photograph of the Kenmore Square Citgo Sign was taken in with a Nikon D300 and a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens. The Citgo sign was erected in 1965 at the intersection of Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue in Kenmore Square, just outside - and viewable - from Fenway Park.
- Composed with a Nikon D300, handheld without the assistance of the Tripod
- Single exposure with a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
Adobe Lightroom 1.4.1
- White balance adjustment
- Slight exposure tweaks, avoiding highlight clipping using recovery
- A bit of Clarity
- No sharpening
- Slight lens vignetting for darkened edges
- Exported for final processing in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0
- All processing prepared in LAB color mode
- S-curve added to Lightness channel for contrast
- S-curve added to the A/B channel for color correction
- Slight high-pass filter, applied as Overlay (decreased opacity)
- Sharpening applied to the Lightness channel only (1.0 pixels, 69%, removing Lens Blur)
- Final adjustments to Lens Vignetting with Lens Correction filter
My Flickr images are best viewed in LARGE
All of my photographs are copyrighted, however, if anyone is interested in using or obtaining a copy I am more than open to discussion.
Any and all commentary, observations, suggestions or critiques are welcome.