Wood County Courthouse (Parkersburg, WV)
Wood County Court House
The current courthouse was begun in 1899 and opened 1901. This is the county’s fifth courthouse and the third on this site. The heirs of Alexander Parker, for whom Parkersburg is named, donated the land. Constructed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style that features stilted arches and stone carvings, the sandstone used for the exterior was quarried from the nearby Quincy Hill. The total construction cost was $100,000.