Preserved mood, GDR style. Hotel Brockenscheideck.
Staying in a hotel, that still breaths the mood of the old communist days - well, more or less.
1. Hallway on the ground floor. Not much sems to have changed here the past few decades. Somewhere there should hve been a sauna, but I did not bother to check.
2. The hotel.
3. Basic, but spacious room. 'Single' room measn a double room with one duvet removed. Note the elobarate use of artwork on the walls. A flatscreen tv, well, a mini-version. Bathroom/shower in the left hand corner, just can see the door. I'm sure this used to be a familyb room. There were slightly more luxurious and far larger double rooms.
4. Room with a view - on two SUV's. One a Mercedes G, one of the very expensive 4x4s, the other a Daihatsu Terios, one of the cheapest.
5. Fine tasting trout 'blue', meaning cooked.
6. Stairway to floors with hotel rooms, with creaking stairs.
7. Corridor leading to our rooms. Why spend money on decoration?
8. Great breakfast buffet. Where to start: rolls, croissants, two kinds of sliced bread, rye bread, knäckebrot, eggs, germans sliced cheese, brie, ham, salami, four kinds of jam, honey, several fruit, several kinds of cereal, several kinds of yoghurt, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other choices here. Yes, it was all included.
9. Deck for outside dining - just as we wanted to sit down there, it started to pour.