Moraine Lake at sunset:
Update: Since this is my most popular photo, many people have asked me if I photoshopped the hell out of it or how I got the colors so vibrant and captured the range of exposures here. For one - I used a circular polarizer that allowed me to keep the shutter open longer - which obviously saturates the photo, and really added to the reflection you see in the lake. The lake really is that color, mostly from the amount of glacial silt that is suspended in the lake. I used a very light graduated neutral density filter for the top part of the image to keep the range intact, but the light on the mountains really looked that beautiful and soft.
As for photoshop, I added a slight amout of contrast, while just barely lighting up the darker elements.
Thank you all for your wonderful comments.
This photo is in 91 groups
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 693,761 items
- GRANDES FOTOGRAFOS~GREAT PHOTOGRAPHERS(P.1-C.4)Invite Photo Only 8,911 items
- LO MEJOR DE LA FOTOGRAFIA - THE BEST OF PHOTOGRAPHY (P.1-C.2) 24,771 items
- 50,000 Views Invitation Only 73 items
- Super Group Photographic 314,103 items
- *** Winds & Greens of Nature *** 4,791 items