new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Zeughaus courtyard | by matt.voigts
Back to album

Zeughaus courtyard

Inside the main courtyard of the former armory of Berlin are 22 sculptures of dying soldiers to offer a reminder of the results of taking one's country to arms.


The Zeughaus, currently the German Historical Museum, was completed in 1730 and used as an arsenal until 1875. The faces were sculpted by Andreas Schlüter, the third architect (1698-1699) to oversee the building’s construction.

1 fave
Taken on May 17, 2005