Winston Churchill delivered his famous Sinews of Peace Speech at this church on March 5, 1946. It was in this speech that Churchill used the phrase "the iron curtain." The church was designed by Sir Christopher Wren and was moved to the campus of Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri in the 1960s. The National Churchill Memorial is located below the church. The Breakthrough Sculpture, using panels from the Berlin Wall was dedicated in 1990.