Rock with erosion holes in it
Just a rock (actually, more than one) exposed at low tide at Cabrillo National Monument, California, USA. Erosion has gouged out little smooth holes in the rock in the center, and in others in the area. Nature seems to abhor a vacuum -- most of the holes are filled by other rocks, which, I suppose, will, with the action of the waves, erode the holes further.
This rock in the center with all the holes is roughly fist-size.
May 2015: Thanks, viewers! This photo has been viewed over 36,000 times, and is in thirteen galleries, both of which amaze me!
This photo is in 12 groups
- California Coastal Geology 1,015 items
- Stone sculptured by nature 3,186 items
- * ALL COLLECTIONS - and PATTERNS, TEXTURES, DETAILED STUDIES * 110,441 items
- Stones, pebbles and rocks 705 items
- I Love Rocks! 2,548 items
- The World Through My Eyes - Street Photography *OPEN* 3,809,787 items