Sant Jaume de Frontanyà
The first church has been consecrated here in 905, but this church could be traced to some ruins about 1 km outside the settlement. Around 1140 Augustinian canons started the construction of the church, seen here. The monastery existed upto 1592. Since then the church serves the parish, while all other buildings of the monastery were demolished.
The church (Latin Cross) has a dodecagonal dome over the crossing, an austere facade and three apses. It is a nice example of the Lombardic style architecture, that can be found on both sides of the Pyrenees.
Due to the rural depopulation of the last century Sant Jaume de Frontanyà is the smallest municipality in Catalonia (pop. 30), so the church seems a bit oversized now.