"In 1921, Brown Bridge Dam was built by what is now known as Traverse City Light and Power (TCL&P). This facility produced electricity until the fall of 2006 when TCL&P relinquished their license to operate three dams on the Boardman, including Brown Bridge. The backwaters of the Dam form the 191-acre Brown Bridge Pond that offers great opportunities for fishing, no wake boating, and wildlife observation."- Text taken from Grand Traverse Conservation District brochure about the Brown Bridge Quiet Area. This pond is to be drawn down and the dam is slated for removal in the near future.