new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
806 Gillman | by Bingley Hall
Back to photostream

806 Gillman

A fleet of ten 650hp shunting locomotives were built for the South Australian Railways in 1956/57 by English Electric of Rocklea, Queensland. They spent the majority of their lives based at Port Adelaide, shunting and working trip freights until withdrawal of the final member of the class in 1991. On 27 May 1987, 806 is about to enter the western end of Gillman yard with a trip freight of loaded coke hoppers.

6,219 views
14 faves
1 comment
Taken on May 27, 1987