Red and silver survivor
The South Australian Railways took delivery of 37 ALCo 'World' DL500Bs between 1955 and 1967, all built in Australia by AE Goodwin of Sydney. All passed into the ownership of Australian National Railways when the state government system was taken over by the federal government in 1978.
967 was originally numbered 930 and was the first member of the class to enter service and was the last to retain its former SAR livery, being withdrawn in this condition in 1993. It is now preserved at the National Railway Museum in Port Adelaide.
Mile End loco - 5 August 1987